Saturday, May 5, 2012

Falafel Tacos

Falafel Tacos
Sometimes, I find myself staring into the fridge thinking, "There's nothing to eat". However, most of the time I end up throwing ingredients together that I already have so I do not have to make another trip to the store.  My most recent hodgepodge meal was falafel tacos. Yes, I have made falafel from scratch on several occasions but sometimes I am into the immediate gratification resulting from an effortless meal. I would have to say that -by far- the best fully cooked, frozen falafels are from Trader Joe's.

Trader Joe's 'Heat & Eat' Falafel

Ingredients (quantity depends on the number of servings):
Tortillas (I used Mission's corn & wheat blend tortillas)
Falafel (Trader Joe's)
Hummus
Lettuce
Cucumber, diced
Tomato wedges
Kalamata olives, chopped
Red onion, sliced and diced

Warm up the falafel according to package instructions either in the microwave for 1-2 mins or bake in the oven for 15 mins. Cut the cucumber, tomato, olives and red onion. When falafel is ready, warm the tortillas. Spread a Tbsp of hummus on each tortilla. Add lettuce, falafel pieces, cucumber, tomato, olives and red onion. Fold the tortilla and enjoy your falafel taco!

No comments:

Post a Comment